Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No-Bake Power Drop Cookies


Remember my post, forever ago, about flaxseed...and its Omega 3 fatty acids, its anti-oxidants and its huge fiber content? If not, read here: Is Flaxseed Really that Great for you? And...do you remember how I talked about how good RAW honey is for you, with its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties...if not, read about it here: What is Raw Honey? Remember my post about oatmeal??? If not, read here: Did you know? Okay, now...why am I reminding you about all this previously-posted information? A few days ago, I ran across a cool recipe on pinterest. I adjusted it a bit for my family and, guess what, it has flaxseed, raw honey and oats!!! It also has the protein from peanut butter and a little bit of crunch, which I think makes them much more desirable!

No-Bake Power Drop Cookies

1 C quick oats
1/2 C peanut butter
1/2 C ground flaxseed (you can grind it in a coffee grinder or a good blender)
1/3 C honey
1/3 C chocolate chips
1/4 C rice krispies

Note: you can substitute dried fruit (cranberries, craisins, raisins, etc.) for chocolate chips

I'm not kidding when I say my family LOVED them!!! One of these cookies has 2 grams of protein, 7 grams of fat and only 102 calories! Talk about a power snack!!! They also have about 1.5 grams of fiber per ball...what a great snack!!!


P.S. If you checked out my links a little earlier, for some reason, they were messed up...but they are corrected now.

No comments:

Post a Comment