Friday, February 3, 2012

Did you know?

Oats are REALLY good for you? Also, the less processed, the more healthy...is that a surprise to anyone? We've heard a lot about how oats can lower cholesterol, right...that's been one of the most touted characteristics of oatmeal for as long as I can remember. They are also high in B-vitamins and have vitamin E, fiber and many other vitamins and minerals. But...did you know that they are great for cleaning both the intestinal tract AND the blood? I didn't know that until now and that makes me super excited that my kids ate a nice big bowl of it before school. They are also loaded with complex carbohydrates, which, as you know allow sustained energy and also help control glucose spikes in Diabetics. So, why am I telling you about all this? I did the coolest thing today...I rolled my own oats and cooked them and my kids ate them! I'll show pictures tomorrow of how I did this and where you can get an oat flaker, if you want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment