Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Best Egg Salad Recipe




I'm not usually a huge fan of egg salad. I pass up egg salad, potato salad and most other mayo-filled, cold, chunky salads. However, my sister makes THE BEST egg salad I've ever had!!! I had it over the weekend and I found myself piling it on thick slices of whole wheat bread and devouring it...this is so atypical of me. Not the devouring part, the devouring egg salad part. I even ate it right off a spoon! I sent egg salad sandwiches with my daughters today. Even they loved it!

There is one secret ingredient, but it is still amazing if you don't have that secret ingredient. We used to live in Ohio and there is a place with world-famous chili called Tony Packo's. They have a chili sauce for hotdogs that makes even non-hotdog lovers crave them (aka my dad, my husband, etc.) However, chili is not the secret ingredient. The secret ingredient is Tony Packos Pickles and Peppers relish. It is truly the BEST relish you'll ever have in your ENTIRE life. I'm not kidding. It is to-die-for. You can order it from amazon here: Tony Packo's Pickles and Peppers Relish As I mentioned before, though, this is still amazing without the Tony Packo's relish, it is just better with it.

So, here's the recipe:

Amy's Amazin' Egg Salad

1 dozen boiled eggs
1/3 C mayo
1 T dill relish
1 T Pickles and Peppers relish (If you don't have it just leave it out)
1 tsp. mustard
salt (if you think it needs it)

Chop up boiled eggs in a bowl. Add mayo, relishes and mustard. Refrigerate. Yep, that's it. So easy.


Tip: Don't boil your eggs...steam them! Put them in a steamer and steam them for 15 minutes. They are SO EASY to peal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment