Monday, June 25, 2012

Artichoke Chicken Bake




Here is another recipe straight out of my cookbook.  This one was a huge hit with my husband and my parents.  It is delicious and easy and if you love artichokes (like my husband), this will quickly make it into your "family favorites" repertoire.  


P.S.  I am starting to compile recipes for my next cookbook...so if you've been waiting for some of the recipes on my blog to be bound into a book, don't worry, its coming. 

Artichoke Chicken Bake

1⁄4 C onion, finely chopped 
2 garlic cloves, minced 
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
1/3 C whole wheat flour 
1 tsp salt 
11⁄4 tsp paprika 
1⁄2 tsp rosemary 
1/8 tsp pepper 
1⁄2 C chicken broth 
1⁄4 C apple juice 
1-7.5 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix onion and garlic together. Pour into 13X9 pan. Mix flour, salt and spices and put in a gallon-sized baggie. Put chicken in baggie and shake to coat. Lay on top of onions and garlic in pan. Mix chicken broth and apple juice and pour over chicken. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Chop artichoke hearts. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle artichoke hearts over chicken. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment