Saturday, June 23, 2012

Snickerdoodle Muffins




We've been in the middle of a move and life is about as crazy as it can get.  We just got the internet today, so pretty soon, I'll be back to normal with my blog.  I made these muffins before we ever moved, knowing that life would be crazy for a while.  Even though its been about a month or more since I made these, I remember clearly how I felt about them.  They were SOOO good!  I don't know what else to say.  They tasted like dessert and my kiddos LOVED them!  If you love snickerdoodle cookies...you'll love these!

P.S.  I also have a wonderful Snickerdoodle cookie recipe that I'll post sometime soon!!!



Snickerdoodle Muffins

3 C freshly ground whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C oil
1/2 C applesauce
3 eggs
3/4 C vanilla greek yogurt (can do plain, too)
2 C sugar
1 T vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips
Cinnamon/sugar mixture (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix all ingredients except cinnamon chips.  Stir in cinnamon chips.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.  Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of muffins, if desired.

Note: These muffins are a little temperamental.  Sometimes they are the perfect shape, sometimes they turn out a little flat.  They taste FABULOUS!  It is always a good idea to bake one muffin first. If the muffin is too flat, or has a dip in the middle, add flour starting with 2 T until desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment