Friday, June 29, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookies




I made these tonight for something we call Family Home Evening.  Its a night where we share scriptures or scripture stories as a family.  A treat is a fundamental aspect of Family Home Evening, as every member of my church will tell you.  Anyway, tonight, I made these.  Tifani is one of my greatest friends from graduate school.  We lived near each other at a time when none of us had family and we had to rely on each other to be our family.  I LOVE this girl...and when she makes something and says, "its really good"...it always is.  Well, she made these cookies for us and they were SO GOOD!!!  So, they made it into the recipe book, but I have to confess, I haven't made them in years!  Tonight, I pulled out my cookbook and got the recipe out and made them and yep, they were just as good as I remembered them.  They are slightly flatter than your white flour snickerdoodle, but the taste is right on!  They are amazing and definitely worth a try in your kitchen this week!

Tifani's Delicious Snickerdoodles

1⁄2 C butter, softened
1⁄2 C brown sugar, packed 
1⁄4 C white sugar 
1 egg 
11⁄2 tsp vanilla extract 
11⁄2 C finely-ground whole wheat flour 
1⁄2 tsp baking soda 
1⁄2 tsp cream of tartar 
1/8 tsp salt 
3 T white sugar 
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla and beat. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt) and beat into wet ingredients. Roll into 1-inch balls. Mix cinnamon and sugar. Roll balls in cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes.

P.S.  For a slightly thicker cookie, you can add up to 2 T of whole wheat flour and mix it right in.  I like them just fine without the extra flour, but if presentation is your thing...go ahead and add it!

2 comments:

  1. you are so sweet! I miss you and love you!! I should really make those soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tifani, I miss you and love you, too! I so wish we could get together!!!

    ReplyDelete