Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Simple Salsa



I keep getting tomatoes and Anaheim peppers in my Bountiful Basket.  Because of this...I decided, obviously, to try to make salsa.  PROBLEM...I have no salsa recipes.  Enter Pinterest...I found one similar to this, minus the Anaheim peppers and a few other ingredients and just LOVED it!  I've made it probably 4-5 times since that first trial.  The only time I didn't LOVE it was when I accidentally added too much onion, and even then...it was pretty good!  Oh...and on that same trial...I overadded cilantro...don't do this either!  So, if you are an amateur salsa maker...try this one...its pretty easy and yummy!






Simple Salsa

3 - 4 blanched tomatoes (put them in boiling water for about 15-30 seconds and then move to ice cold water...then peel and lightly chop)
2 T chopped onion (can add a little more if desired)
1 clove garlic
2 Anaheim peppers, seeded (if you want it spicier, add a jalapeno pepper or replace one Anaheim with a jalapeno pepper...seed it if you don't want it REALLY spicy!)
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
2 T lime juice
cilantro (optional..I wouldn't add more than 1/4 bunch...I like it more without the cilantro)

Put in food processor and pulse until it is the consistency you like. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment