Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter Egg Cookies












































Do you get any cuter than this? To top it off...they are made with not one, but multiple CADBURY MINI EGGS! You heard me right, Cadbury Mini Eggs! I personally do not believe that there is a better candy than the mini eggs by Cadbury...actually, to be completely honest, I now prefer the Dark Chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs, but I realize I'm in the minority on this one. The cool thing with these cookies is that when you put the eggs into the hot cookies, they stay very soft and slightly melty, even when they are cool! I'm not really sure how it works, but it does. Anyway...here's my new favorite Easter cookie recipe!

Easter Egg Cookie

3 ½ C sifted or freshly ground whole wheat flour
¾ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
1 C packed brown sugar
¾ C white sugar
1 T vanilla extract
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugars and butter together. Add vanilla extract and eggs. Beat for three minutes. Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls into greased muffin tins. Bake 10-12 minutes. Immediately after removing from oven, press one Cadbury Mini Egg in the middle about halfway into the cookie. Let cool before transferring. You can then either keep them like this, or frost with buttercream frosting and add a couple more eggs on top of the green frosting. Makes 3-4 dozen.


P.S. The buttercream frosting I use is simple. Take a stick of butter and whip it. Add powdered sugar until it tastes really good...pretty easy, huh. I really just dump it out of the bag until it tastes right...I'd start with a cup and go from there, just stop when it tastes spectacular!!!

Note: You can choose to add the icing, or just eat them with the melted mini egg without the icing. I think they are cuter with the icing, but they have A LOT more sugar and they are still delicious without the icing on them. Oh, and the mini egg stays soft even when it is cool!!! So, days later, you have a yummy cookie with a soft Cadbury Mini Egg nestled inside!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment