Friday, March 2, 2012

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies



















I saw a recipe like this on Pinterest, and I thought, "hmmmm...Oreos, Chocolate Chip Cookes...what's not to love!" At that point, I obviously decided to try them out and let me tell you, they did not disappoint! They were well-received by every single person in my family and my husband exclaimed and I quote, "These are AWESOME!" I


Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


31⁄2 C whole wheat flour (make sure it is sifted or freshly and finely ground)

3⁄4 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 C butter, softened

1 C packed brown sugar

3⁄4 C white sugar

1 T vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 C semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugars and butter together. Add vanilla extract and eggs. Beat for three minutes. Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Get a large scoop of cookie dough (maybe about 2 T) and form it around an Oreo cookie, completely sealing off the cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Wait until cool to move the cookies.


Note: You can also make smaller cookies by dividing the Oreo cookie into fourths and putting a fourth inside of each "regular-sized" chocolate chip cookie. Either way, they are wonderful!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment