Sunday, March 4, 2012

St. Patty's Trifle



Once again, no whole grains, just pure fun. This trifle is easy, fun and perfect for St. Patty's day "month?" I know I go way overboard for holidays, but really, what is more fun for kids AND adults than celebrating holidays one month at a time and ALWAYS having something to look forward to? I LOVE holidays! I'm going to apologize, again, for the lack of presentation of this dessert. I have realized I have to make them look a little prettier, so I'm going to try...after today. I'm even trying to learn some more about my camera from some tutorials on Pinterest. We'll see. If, all of a sudden, my desserts start looking like Paula Dean made them...then you know I've mastered the art of photography. For now, just know this was yummy, and my kids thought it was really fun, even if the layers weren't even.

St. Patty's Day Trifle

1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 pkgs. vanilla instant pudding
3 C cold milk
1 container cool whip (divided)
Oreo cookies (or other chocolate sandwich cookie)

With electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add pudding and milk and beat until pudding firms up. Add 1 C cool whip and stir in with a spoon. Stir in as much food coloring as you want to make it as green as you desire. Using a blender or food processor, grind cookies into dust. Layer 1/4 cookies, 1/4 pudding mixture and then alternate four times until all cookies and all pudding mixture are used up. Top with the remaining cool whip and any extra cookie dust. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Easy and Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment