Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Easiest (and I'm not kidding) Chicken Noodle Soup















Have you ever heard the song about "lazy days"? I have those days now and then. The other day, I had one and just couldn't bring myself to make dinner, so I thought I'd try to throw together a quick and easy chicken noodle soup. My WHOLE FAMILY devoured it and each one commented about how delicious it was! Now, I don't know about you, but when I get kudos for a healthy meal that took about 10 minutes to prepare...I chalk that up to a meal that will stay in my repertoire of favorite recipes forever! I thought I'd share for those of you who have the occasional "lazy day".

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

2-3 frozen chicken breasts
8 C chicken broth
4-5 carrots (or more if you like more...we LOVE them!)
4-5 stalks of celery (or more if you like more)
1-2 C of whole wheat egg noodles (you can probably add a little more, but be careful because they expand a lot!)
garlic powder to taste (I do about 5-7 shakes)

Put all ingredients in crockpot EXCEPT egg noodles. Add garlic powder (I added about 5-7shakes). Let cook for about 2 hours on high, remove chicken from crock pot, trim off fat and return to crockpot for another 2-3 hours on high or until chicken breasts are cooked throughout and there is no pink inside. Cut chicken up and add noodles 1/2 hour before serving. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment