Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Healthy Cookies?













I have to be honest here...these cookies are for those people who just want a healthy snack. Don't really expect a cookie. They don't really taste like "cookies", even with the chocolate chips. They are very chewy and they taste "healthy", but with the chocolate chips, you can fool your kids into eating and actually liking them. I'll be honest here...two of my kids LOVED them and two tolerated them because they were called "cookies", but for the two that loved them...they were worth the small amount of time involved to mix them up and bake them. The coolest thing for me is that they have no refined sugar and my 2-year old...who hates bananas and has since birth (I know...weird, right?) LOVED them! I've finally found a way to get all the nutritional yumminess of bananas into my baby!!!


Healthy Cookies

3 C uncooked oatmeal
3 very ripe bananas (I used some I had previously frozen and let them thaw for about an hour)
1/3 C peanut butter
1/3 C raw honey
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment