Saturday, July 23, 2011

Where have you been all my life??????


I went to a barbecue the other night and we were discussing, of all things, pancakes and one of my friends said, "I had banana pancakes and they were AMAZING!'. My other friend then exclaimed, "I've had them, too and they are incredible!!!". As you can imagine, as a true banana-lover, I felt a little excluded from the banana pancake world. How have I lived for 25 years (wink, wink) and never been properly introduced to banana pancakes??? Well, I decided to remedy this little situation as quickly as possible. So, for those of you out there, like me, who are naive when it comes to banana pancakes...I have a recipe that will knock your socks off. My mom says these are the "BEST" pancakes she's ever had in her life. If you are a banana fan...you will LOVE these!!!

Mouth-Watering Banana Pancakes


2 medium very ripe bananas mashed (about 1 C)

1/4 C brown sugar

2 eggs

1/4 C oil

2 C buttermilk

2 C whole wheat flour

2 T baking powder


Mash bananas and add oil, eggs brown sugar and buttermilk and mix. Add flour and baking powder. Mix on medium/high speed until thoroughly mixed (about 30 sec. to a minute). Bake on heated, greased griddle or skillet. Makes 16-20 pancakes.

3 comments:

  1. There's a Jack Johnson song dedicated to banana pancakes (Mike says). You should add that to your blog post. http://youtu.be/OkyrIRyrRdY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you eat it with maple syrup or is it sweet enough on its own? That sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom eats them alone...my kids eat them with syrup. I think they are sweet enough alone. Net...I tried to add that song and couldn't figure out how. I'm very blog illiterate!!!

    ReplyDelete