Saturday, March 19, 2011

Here it is...Just because I luv ya'!!!




Okay, this is one of my all-time favorite recipes and it is in my cookbook, but I've decided to share it, anyway. Insiders: these are on page 26 of the cookbook. This was a recipe inspired by my friend Elizabeth, who made the best crepes and whose recipe I adapted into whole wheat for this recipe. These are my whole-wheat crepes...didn't think you could make whole-wheat crepes??? Think again. These are so light and delicious, people won't even know they are whole wheat.

I personally love crepes because they are one of the most "desserty" breakfast foods out there, besides donuts and pastries. You can eat them with fresh berries and whipped cream and still feel like you are eating a healthy breakfast. And...they don't leave you feeling heavy and greasy like donuts!!! So, want the recipe? I thought so! Here you go:

Crepes

1 C milk

1⁄2 C + 3 T sifted whole wheat flour

2 eggs 1 T vegetable oil

Blend all ingredients in a blender. Pour into tupperware and cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Heat a skillet on the oven at high heat. Remove skillet and grease with nonstick cooking spray. Remove batter from the refrigerator and mix thoroughly. Pour 1⁄4 C of cold batter on the pan (it is still off the burner) and move pan in circles to coat the pan in a thin layer of batter. Cook for one minute and then flip and cook for another 1⁄2 minute. Makes 6-8 crepes.


Just a side-note: Those eggs are actually loaded with fiber and vitamins, too. That is the Sausage/Egg casserole found in my cookbook!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment