Monday, September 13, 2010

End of Summer...Quick Breakfast...Veggies...what is it???



What one food exemplifies the end of summer to you? For me it is those huge zucchinis that are just perfect right now!!! So...how do you get zucchini for breakfast? Zucchini bread of course!!! However...this is my tip for the day, make them into muffins and they are PERFECT for breakfast!!! You can even freeze them and get them out in time to thaw and keep them for breakfast all week. Here's a little tip...after you make them...give your kids a couple and then get them away from your kids...the last picture I tried to take is on here...I had my little boy's hand sneaking one as I was taking the picture!!! Mine were gone by breakfast the next day!!!

I have already posted this zucchini bread recipe, but I thought I'd repost it as it was my first post and it was for zucchini bread NOT muffins...the baking instructions are different. Also, I wanted to call attention to it because, if you have a garden...you are probably thinking, "What on earth am I going to do with all of this zucchini?" I also have a fabulous zucchini soup recipe...sounds kind of gross...tastes FABULOUS!!!


Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 C sugar
2 T vanilla
½ C oil
½ C applesauce
2 C. grated zucchini
2 ½ C + 1 T whole wheat flour
3 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil, applesauce and zucchini. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full and bake for about 15 minutes. Makes about 24 regular sized muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment