Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spaghetti Squash (sorry no pics!)

This was my first attempt at making spaghetti squash and it was actually VERY easy.  I didn't know how it all "worked"...I mean the whole stringy, spaghetti-like thing.  When I scooped out the seeds, it looked like a pretty normal squash.  I found out later, that it is AFTER you bake it that it gets that spaghetti-like quality to it.  First I'll give you the directions for roasting it that I used and then I'll tell you what I did with it.

Roasting Spaghetti Squash

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the squash in half length-wise (use a large serrated knife if you have one so you don't slip and cut yourself!)
Scoop out all seeds and pulp.
Place cut-side down on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for 30-45 minutes or until outside is easily pricked with a fork...should be very soft!
Use a fork and pull out all that "spaghetti" stuff from the inside!!!

Now...what did I do with this?

I beefed up my spaghetti!  I simply mixed it in to my whole wheat spaghetti.  It made MUCH MORE spaghetti and was virtually undetectable!  Tonight, my son ate it and had no idea there was squash in it!  Oh...and this is my son who HATES squash!  So...I call that a success!  There is only one thing I'll do differently next time...I'll make sure my daughters are out of the room before I add it to the spaghetti...

No comments:

Post a Comment