Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Thin" Mint Chocolate Chip Shake



Okay, people...its green week! You need to take advantage of this time to sneak in some "green"! Your kids will fully believe that you are "tinting" everything green because of St. Patrick's Day...and lets pretend that you are. I mean, they are "green", right? I've been sneaking in spinach all weekend and the absolute truth is...my kids have LOVED it! They think we're just having a grand old St. Patty's Day week and I'm loving seeing them guzzle that green goodness! Here is a recipe that my whole family loved. With Girl Scout Cookies in abundance right now, this is the perfect shake. These are delicious and my four year old was literally shouting for more shake. To which, I calmly added a little more of that vitamin-loaded shake to his glass. Drink up buddy!





"Thin" Mint Shake

6 Thin mint cookies
3 T vanilla instant pudding mix
1/4 C coffee creamer powder (coffemate, or cremora)
1 1/2 C milk
approx. 3 C ice (add more if you want it thicker)
1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
1 LARGE handful of fresh spinach

Hint: If you want it creamier, add more coffee creamer. If you want it thicker, add another T pudding mix and more ice.

P.S. For five servings of this shake, each serving has only 114 calories...so go ahead and have one!!!

I've got a few more "green ideas" up my sleeve, so keep checking the next few days. Aren't you proud of me for all my green posts after my near retirement over Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment