Monday, September 12, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles



The best part of wakin' up... Okay...continuing with my autumn-lovin' pumpkin theme...here is a recipe I'm surprised I didn't already have. I'll post my pumpkin pancakes later this week...but honestly, that recipe I've had for a while. It wasn't until this morning that I first tried pumpkin waffles and boy-oh-boy were they a hit this morning! Yummy! Now, because this recipe makes so many waffles...I'll save the majority of it in the refrigerator. Later this week, I'll pull out the batter and heat up my waffle iron and PRESTO...a hot, fresh breakfast of pumpkin spice waffles. You can't beat a whole-grain breakfast that incorporates vegetables and takes less than one minute to make.

Pumpkin Waffles


1 C canned pumpkin

1/4 C brown sugar (can add 2 more T if you like them a little sweeter)

4 eggs

1/4 C oil

2 C buttermilk

2 T baking powder

1 C milk

3 1/2 C whole wheat flour

1/2 T pumpkin pie spice


Mix all together on medium high speed for 30 seconds, then high speed for 1 minute. Bake in a preheated waffle iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment