Friday, November 12, 2010

Need a fabulous appetizer for a crazy football game???


I wish I had a picture of this fabulous dip, but I have not managed to photograph it quick enough and it is eaten so quickly...I would need to do it immediately!!! So...I have chosen to give you a picture of the baguettes that I eat WITH the dip (it is intended for chips, but the baguettes are AMAZING with it...and healthier)! This recipe is in my cookbook, but I'm going to share it anyway. In my cookbook, I add extra wheat to the dip by adding in some wheat berry puree (which is undetectable in flavor and bakes just fine, too!). However, it can be made without the puree (you don't need to change anything else...just omit the puree and it works the same...if you want to add the puree refer to the instructions in Ways to Use Your Wheat on my blog) and if you make the Whole Wheat Baguettes on page 62, you are still getting the benefit of the whole grains!!! Here is the recipe for the Buffalo Chicken Chip Dip (I prefer this spicy and I add the whole bottle of hot sauce).

Buffalo Chicken Chip Dip **L**

4 C cooked chicken (or canned is easy and worked too) 2-8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened 1C either ranch or blue cheese dressing 5 T (or to taste) Frank’s Hot Sauce
2 C Cheddar cheese
1⁄4 cup wheat berry puree
Combined all ingredients except for the cheese. Mix and put into a 13 x 9 pan. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips (or Whole Wheat Baguettes!!!), but don’t forget the celery! **L** Use light cream cheese and ranch dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment