Monday, November 8, 2010

Green Smoothies


First of all, let me apologize for the spilling of the drink on the outside of the cup. It looks pretty gross...but as you can see...my children love it! So...what is it???

I have officially jumped, along with many of my friends, on the Green Smoothie train. These are smoothies that taste wonderful and just happen to have TONS of raw greens in them!!! This morning, we ate spinach, kale, and collard greens and my kids LOVED them. Really, when did you last eat that for breakfast and have your kids ask for more. Another plug for the green smoothies...berries, apples, bananas...almost ALL of your fruits and veggies for BREAKFAST!!! So..my green smoothie for today had blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, banana, kale, spinach and collards and 1 C of soy milk (I like milk, I don't think the green smoothie girl adds this). Anyway...for me...I added NO sugar. For the kids, I added a little of the Sucanat (remember from my sugar post it is natural sugar cane with MANY vitamins and minerals). I believe the green smoothie girl uses stevia, a natural herbal sweetener. Anyway, my kids loved this as shown by the picture of my pickiest daughter devouring it! What the Green Smoothie Girl actually says that was the kicker for me is that there is more evidence that fruits and veggies prevent cancer than there is that smoking causes it...so why not start now and give your kids added protection for now and for the future. I promise...you WILL feel better...I know I do!!!!!! Why am I advertising green smoothies??? I am not getting anything from the girl who came up with this idea...I just know how much better I feel and I LOVE feeding this stuff to my kids. And...like I said before, I am definitely focused on whole grains (primarily whole wheat), but I am also expanding to an overall wellness site. So, if you are here for whole grains...don't worry...there will be numerous whole grain recipes...but if you are interested in more...I'll report as I learn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment