Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What if my family isn't too IN to 100% whole wheat yet???

Tip of the Day:
In the beginning, you may prefer substituting only half of the flour for whole wheat flour and keeping half of the flour white. I NEVER use white flour now, but if you are worried about your family's tastes...make the transition slowly.

I do have to tell you though, if you are worried about digestion issues...you'll be pleasantly surprised. Although whole wheat is full of fiber, it is relatively easy to digest compared to other high-fiber foods. It will definitely improve the process, but very gently. Fruit and high-fiber cereals and cereal bars are much tougher for my family's digestion than whole wheat products.


One more thing, in my recipes you CAN'T tell there is whole wheat, so if all you are worried about is taste...rest assured, you can't taste it!


Note: Cook the granola between 2 and 3 hours to get a nice, chewy consistency. It will still be gooey when you take it out. It will harden to chewy granola as it cools. If you leave it in too long it will cool and be VERY HARD!!!

1 comment:

  1. My family has not even noticed a difference...but I do only use white flour!

    ReplyDelete