Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Look What I Found at the Dollar Store














So, I went to our dollar store the other day and I found a few items that were really helpful to me in my wheat adventures. I'm assuming most dollar stores carry similar items since the ones around me all do. I found a pack of two wire mesh strainers (perfect for sifting powder from wheat in cracked wheat and Bulgar wheat). I'm guessing they all carry these in their cooking equipment because I bought them 10 years ago at a dollar store. I found 2 growing trays in a pack for growing my wheatgrass. I also found a pack of two cooling racks...perfect for cooling your bread on. Oh, a little tip, remove your bread from the pans and let them cool on a cooling rack because the bread will sweat wherever it is in contact with something and it can get a little gooey. So, about 5 or so minutes after it is finished baking, remove it from the pan and let it cool on one of these super cheap cooling racks. They are flat and store easily!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment