Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oh Nine Grain Cereal...We Do So Love You...















So, we've got a lot of nine-grain cereal, huh. What to do with all of it? First of all, we had it for breakfast and it was delicious and just 1/2 C filled me right up...for those of you who know me...that is saying something. Then, I got an idea...NINE GRAIN MUFFINS! So, I experimented a little and VOILA...Nine Grain Muffins! My kids LOVE them! Here it is...copy it down, this one probably won't be in this cookbook...maybe the next one...


Nine-Grain Muffins

1 egg
2/3 C milk
1/2 C oil (I use 1/4 C applesauce, 1/4 C oil)
2/3 C sugar
1/2 C cooked nine-grain cereal (cook 1/4 C nine grain with 1 C boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until soft)
1 3/4 C whole wheat flour (freshly ground or sifted)
1 T baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together the egg, milk, oil, sugar and nine grain cereal until thoroughly combined. Add baking powder, flour and spices and mix. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. These are delicious!!! Makes 12 large muffins

Just a preview...very soon I am going to teach you to sprout wheat...sound gross??? How about wheat sprout muffins that my kids fought over...I had none, of the batch of 12, left by the end of the day and had to stop my kids so that I could actually let my husband try one...

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! You say that like you are a big girl! :) For those of you that do not know here, she is the perfect size. I guess she is saying that she has a normal appetite and it finned her up. TOO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete