Monday, April 26, 2010

TRY THIS ONE!!!


Every so often, I am going to post one whole wheat recipe to help get you hooked on whole wheat! You will see how, with the right recipes, you can completely transition from white flour to wheat...and enjoy it!!! This week, we are going to do zucchini bread...stay tuned!

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 C sugar
2 T vanilla
½ C oil
½ C applesauce
2 C. grated zucchini
2 ½ C + 1 T whole wheat flour
3 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda

Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil, applesauce and zucchini. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Pour into 2 greased bread tins and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night! It was amazing! I have a good white flour recipe and this was even better! You could not taste the wheat at all. My hubby along with my three boys all LOVED IT!!!
    Thanks Suzie!!!

    ReplyDelete