Saturday, May 19, 2012

Roasted Yellow Squash



Because its Saturday, I have to mention that I got quite a few yellow squash a few weeks back in my Bountiful Baskets.  If you are unfamiliar with Bountiful Basket, scroll back a few posts and you'll understand to what I'm referring.  Anyway...I don't really care for yellow squash...at least I didn't until I found this recipe...I loved it!  I devoured the yellow squash!  So, if you are an unlover of yellow squash and find these vegetables in your refrigerator for one reason or another...unlove them no more!  They are great!




Roasted Yellow Squash

1/4 C olive oil
2 cloves garlic

Saute garlic in olive oil for 3-5 minutes...don't let it brown.

Cut yellow squash in half width-wise and then in 1 in. sections length-wise.  You need them big enough that they don't go through the grill grate.  Brush on garlic olive oil and then add salt and pepper as desired.  Grill until edges are browned...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment