Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Brown Sugar Cookies



Anyone out there seen The Princess Bride?  There is a line where one of the characters says, "Let me 'splain.  No, there is too much.  Let me sum up."  That is my line for the day concerning why I've been MIA on my blog.  So, let me sum up.  My husband passed that test I told you about, my son had a birthday, my dad had a birthday, my mother-in-law had a birthday and we are in the middle of moving. Yes, your sentiments are correct, its been crazy around here.  Hence, the lack of posts recently.  Now, on to this post...

I saw a recipe similar to this on Pinterest and decided they were a "must try".  They did NOT disappoint.  These cookies are chewy with just a hint of spicy deliciousness.  My whole family LOVED them!  They stayed chewy right up until the end, too, instead of getting hard after a day or so.  P.S.  They also make your house smell great!!!

Brown Sugar Cookies

3/4 C softened butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/4 C brown sugar
1 egg
2 C freshly, finely ground whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix together butter brown sugar and egg.  Add flour, baking soda, salt and spices.  Batter may be slightly crumbly...that is okay.  Drop by tablespoon onto greased baking sheet.  I use a medium scoop for my dough.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment