Friday, May 4, 2012

The Absolute BEST Buttermilk Syrup



My friend, Sara, gave me this recipe and said it is "the best buttermilk syrup" you will ever eat. I tried it and I have to say, "this is the best buttermilk syrup I've ever eaten." Everyone who has tried it (which is my entire family and extended family) says this is the "best buttermilk syrup they've ever eaten".

Buttermilk Syrup

1 1/4 C white sugar
3/4 C buttermilk
1/2 C butter
2 T corn syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large sauce pan, stir the sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup and baking soda. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. After boiling starts, boil for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. During this time, it will boil very high in the pan and it will also start to turn a golden brown color. When time is up, remove from heat, add vanilla. Let sit until cooler...but serve warm!!!

Note: The actual recipe calls for 1 1/2 C sugar, but I decreased it 1/4 C and we still loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment