Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stacey's Energy Bars













I have this wonderful friend, Stacey Allen, who opened my eyes to nutrition while we were all in graduate school. She is a dietitian and her kids snacked on things like frozen peas, carrot sticks, etc. Needless to say, she is perfectly thin and healthy. Now, on to the recipe we loved...my friends and I always saw her snacking on these "energy bars". So, we tried one and they are SO good! We all got the recipe and all made them for us and for our husbands to eat. Now, fast forward to last week (four years later), my husband said, "Hey, remember those granola bars you used to make in Denver? I really loved those. Could you make them again?" I had all but forgotten those bars, but my husband remembered. Now, they do have marshmallows in them, but other than the marshmallows, they are relatively healthy, delicious, full of protein and actually help stave off my husband's hunger (which is quite the accomplishment). So...I've been making them and they've been disappearing as fast as I can make them.


Stacey's Energy Bars


Melt the following over low heat:

1/4 C butter

1/2 C peanut butter

1-10 oz. pkg. marshmallows


Add:

2 1/2 C Rice Krispies

2 C quick oats


Stir in:

1/2 C peanuts

1 C dry fruit


Let cool and eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment