Monday, November 14, 2011

Really? Cheese waffles???


Sounds gross...but they are AWESOME!!! I made them for my family because I was tired of the "I need more syrup" argument every morning that we had waffles. I was also tired of the "we need more brown sugar on our oatmeal or nine grain cereal" argument. I thought it might be nice to have a meal that requires no sweetener of any kind. Enter...cheese waffles. I had read about cheese waffles probably at least a year ago and really, the thought of cheese waffles wasn't even slightly tempting. However, in my quest for non-sugar breakfast alternatives, cheese waffles sounded started to sound slightly appetizing. So, I decided to give it a go and lo and behold...my family loved them! I added bacon to them, too, and they are very similar to a bread omelet...which may not sound good, but these are really quite tasty. The best part...NO SYRUP!!! That means that there was very little mess and they could eat them while they walked to school...AWESOME!!!

P.S. I buy already cooked and chopped bacon in bulk at Costco...it is GREAT and saves time and mess! You can freeze it, which is what I do and just throw it in your recipes.

P.P.S. This recipe could quite possibly be wonderful with syrup...I haven't tried it yet...and I'm going to try to NEVER let my kids get wind that syrup is ever a possibility with these waffles.

2 comments:

  1. Is there a recipe somewhere that I am just too silly to find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not seeing the recipe for the cheese waffles either. Is it one of your basic waffles and you just added some shredded cheddar cheese and bacon? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete