Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Heaven for breakfast


So, school has started and let me tell you...it has gotten crazy. I try really hard to be a morning person, but between trying to work out and get myself ready (because I'm still walking my kids into their classrooms and I don't want to frighten any children) and waking my sleep-deprived (still used to summer schedule) children, and making lunches and getting my girls' hair done and waking up my two boys and walking to school...breakfast has been difficult to squeeze in. As "supposedly" the most important meal of the day, a breakfast of a pop-tart on our walk to school is decidedly sub-par. Yep, they seriously ate a pop-tart for breakfast, an organic one mind you, which only means they didn't like it and I had to threaten to get them to eat even half of it. So...I decided to do something today that would make tomorrow easier. I made muffins and froze them. I KNOW they will like them because they tried them today and LOVED them...and seriously...they are chocolate chocolate chip. How could you not like them? So, maybe it isn't cracked wheat cereal, but it is at least whole wheat. We'll get into our hot cereals again next week...but I do think I'm going to make these again and freeze them for those mornings where time just gets away from me.


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins


2 1/4 C freshly, finely ground whole wheat flour

1 C sugar

1/2 C cocoa

2 eggs

1/2 C vegetable oil

1 T baking powder

1 C milk

3/4 C chocolate chips + 1/2 for the tops of the muffins


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together all ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix on low speed for 1 minute and on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 2/3 C chocolate chips. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 14-16 muffins.


P.S. Notice the tiny little hand expectantly waiting for the muffins??? I love those little hands even more than I love the muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment