Saturday, August 21, 2010

mmmmmm.....Hot, Delicious, Spelt Bread





















This bread was moist and delicious! I simply replaced the whole wheat flour from my other Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe with Spelt Wheat. It was fabulous! Oh, I used the half-batch recipe. I did find, however, that my dough was a little sticky...I think I over-kneaded with my stand mixer...but the final product was great!!!!!!!!!


Spelt Bread

3 C lukewarm water
1/2 C honey
2 T oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 T dough enhancer
1 1/2 T gluten
7-9 1/2 C spelt flour
1 T yeast

Add first six ingredients in order. Add 7 cups of flour. Sprinkle yeast over flour. Add enough remaining flour until dough is no longer sticky. Knead for 6-8 minutes or until dough can be stretched easily (don't let it get too sticky). Form into 2 large loaves. Place in greased bread pans and let rise for about 45 minutes. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment